in Hemel Hempstead
We are looking for an experienced Electrical Engineering Manager (m/f/d) to join our team in UK.
In this role, you will:
- Hold the position of Senior Authorised Person (SAP) for HV and LV systems, assisting in the management of technical staff through their Authorised Person development
- Providing support to site Operations, disseminating technical information with a focus on the development of knowledge and understanding of all electrical plant, systems and equipment
- Providing 2nd/3rd level escalation for electrical challenges across the data centre portfolio, providing technical assistance and solutions to site management teams
- Developing SOP/EOPs for electrical plant and equipment
- Managing continuous improvement, providing technical input on electrical works and projects
- Assisting in the commissioning of In-Life Projects and new builds, leading with the electrical element where required
- Ensuring documentation pertaining to electrical systems is compliant and updated
- Continually optimising electrical systems training for Critical Facility Engineers/Supervisors
- Optimising all electrical systems for efficiency and reliability
- Minimising the “Human Error” aspect of all electrical operations, where it be a physical optimisation to equipment, robust technical training, or clear procedure documentation.
- Ensuring best practice is implemented and upheld by Site Operations teams
- Managing a Cap-Ex budget
- Managing and lead an expanding team working within the group Engineering Department
Essential education and training relevant to the role:
- HVAP Certification (AP15 or equivalent)
- 18th Edition certified or similar electrical qualification
- Minimum education of HND or similar in relevant area (Electrical Engineering, Building Services)
- A comprehensive understanding of critical infrastructure systems and equipment including Generators, UPS systems, HV/LV AC and DC power & switchgear
- IOSH – Working Safely
To succeed in this role, you will need to be:
- Experienced in electrical and control systems with excellent attention to detail
- Have a comprehensive understanding of Data Centre power systems and Building Services generally
- Strong leadership skills with significant experience in dealing with Contractors and Sub-Contractors
- Experience in HV (11kV) switching
- Good numerical and literacy skills and high levels of computer literacy
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise
- Good analytical/problem solving skills
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels with good relationship building skills
- Self-motivated and keen to develop, with a willingness and desire to learn
- Keen to share knowledge with colleagues
- To possess initiative with an inquisitive nature, unafraid to ask appropriate questions
- To possess a full driving licence valid for use in the UK
- To undergo full security checks to BS7858:2012
About the Global Data Centers division of NTT Ltd.
Global Data Centers, a division of NTT Ltd., develops and operates high-availability data centers globally across 500,000 sqm. The Global Data Centers division comprises e-shelter, Gyron, Netmagic, NTT Indonesia Nexcenter, RagingWire and the other data center divisions of NTT Communications group, which are now operating under the NTT brand.
Our combined global platform is one of the largest in the world, with more than 160 data centers spanning more than 20 countries and regions including North America, Europe, Africa, India and APAC. As a neutral operator, we offer access to multiple cloud providers, a large variety of internet exchanges and telecommunication network providers including our own IPv6 compliant, tier 1 global IP network. Our clients benefit from tailored infrastructure and experience consistent best practices in design and operations across all of our highly reliable, scalable, and customizable data centers.
Working for Global Data Centers EMEA
We are one of the leading and largest data center provider and for more than 20 years we have been supporting our clients from a wide variety of industries with our talented team of 600+ people (m/f/d) . Today, we are designing and operating 17 data center locations across 120,000 sqm in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, in the Netherlands and in Great Britain and expanding into further markets. Our people come from a variety of industries and work together to find the best solution for every challenge. Due to the diversity of backgrounds our people (m/f/d) come from, the ability to work in teams and good communication skills are very important to us.
As a performance-oriented company, we value expert knowledge and people who want to shape the future. We are growing internationally and offer our people (m/f/d) the opportunity to work worldwide within the NTT Group if they are suitably qualified and interested. datacenter.hello.global.ntt