in Frankfurt am Main
The Senior Design Manager (Electrical) (m/f/d) will lead the Design & Engineering department work on a portfolio of all types of Expansion, Reinvestment and Customer Fitout projects as required to help to meet the annual and long term objectives across the EMEA region.
The Senior Design Manager (Electrical) will act as the primary coordinator for workload allocation amongst the team, will liaise with DC Delivery team to agree overall design program, budget and procurement strategy for projects and then monitor and ensure delivery to time against the design/overall project budget for the duration of the project from inception to handover to operations.
You will be a senior technical expert in your field of expertise, undertaking concept design work, detailed design review and technical specification development.
You will have client facing skills being able to engage with our key customers both to understand their requirements and to explain our world leading design approach.
The Senior Design Manager (Electrical) will mentor and guide other staff to develop project design management skills and will outline/develop/promote adoption of best practice process and procedures in both the design and engineering and wider construction teams.
- Manage resourcing of internal staff and appointment of external 3rd parties required to carry out design work for projects
- Agree budgets, procurement strategy and programme in conjunction with associated design manager and development manager for each project
- Ensure regular monitoring and reporting of progress against agreed plans to SVP Design and Engineering and the associated project development managers
- Advise and Ensure corrective action taken promptly to address design issues and delays
- Ensure regular design team meetings occur as required for project with appropriate attendees, chair, agenda and minutes
- Undertake and or supervise design reviews to ensure compliance with company design standards, local code requirements and the project brief
- Undertake specialist reviews within scope of your technical expertise
- Prepare concept design options
- Support development of technical specifications
- Develop tools, process and procedures for best practice design management
- Develop staff skills through training and mentoring
- Develop and manage long term relationshjps with key third party design vendors
- Ensure quality and value for money received through third party appointments
Requirements and skills:
- University Degree in suitable Engineering Discipline
- Minimum 10-15 years’ experience with 5-10 years in data centres and/or similar hi-tech content M&E led industries (Pharmaceutical, Food&Drink manufacturing, Oil&Gas, Energy)
- Multi-disciplinary approach and varied experience in design consultant/client engineer/site engineer/contractor engineer
- Experience leading multi-disciplinary design teams
- International experience and outlook both in type of company (multi-national Consultant/Contractor/Operator) and project experience (have worked on projects outside home country, ideally have lived outside home country for a period)
- Have experience with hyperscale customers
- English Language required, other languages beneficial
- Good Communication and Presentation skills, MS Office (inc MS Project), Design Management in Construction
About the Global Data Centers division of NTT Ltd.
Global Data Centers, a division of NTT Ltd., develops and operates high-availability data centers globally across 500,000 sqm. The Global Data Centers division comprises e-shelter, Gyron, Netmagic, NTT Indonesia Nexcenter, RagingWire and the other data center divisions of NTT Communications group, which are now operating under the NTT brand.
Our combined global platform is one of the largest in the world, with more than 160 data centers spanning more than 20 countries and regions including North America, Europe, Africa, India and APAC. As a neutral operator, we offer access to multiple cloud providers, a large variety of internet exchanges and telecommunication network providers including our own IPv6 compliant, tier 1 global IP network. Our clients benefit from tailored infrastructure and experience consistent best practices in design and operations across all of our highly reliable, scalable, and customizable data centers.
Working for Global Data Centers EMEA
We are one of the leading and largest data center provider and for more than 20 years we have been supporting our clients from a wide variety of industries with our talented team of 600+ people (m/f/d) . Today, we are designing and operating 17 data center locations across 120,000 sqm in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, in the Netherlands and in Great Britain and expanding into further markets. Our people come from a variety of industries and work together to find the best solution for every challenge. Due to the diversity of backgrounds our people (m/f/d) come from, the ability to work in teams and good communication skills are very important to us.
As a performance-oriented company, we value expert knowledge and people who want to shape the future. We are growing internationally and offer our people (m/f/d) the opportunity to work worldwide within the NTT Group if they are suitably qualified and interested. datacenter.hello.global.ntt