in Hemel Hempstead
The Critical Facilities Maintenance Engineer (m/f/d) will plan, manage and implement the delivery of FM services to Data Centres ensuring operational performance is always maintained to the highest possible standards. In this role, you will provide engineering services and guidance in general on property matters affecting the on-going management and development of the Datacentres.
- Customer focused service.
- High standard of planned preventative and reactive maintenance.
- Proactive involvement in the on-going technical evaluation of all plant and equipment, suggestion of improvements where appropriate.
- Accurate recording and reporting of maintenance activity to ensure Key source System is correctly updated.
- Carrying out operational and maintenance activities as directed, ensuring work is executed in a safe and suitable manner
- Working as directed to ensure timely completion of PPM’s and reactive work to SLA.
- Identifying faults and accurately diagnosing root causes.
- Monitoring and maintaining equipment performance to ensure correct operation of the critical services of the Data Centres.
- Management of Site permit process.
- High Voltage Authorised Person & all associated duties including
- Management of Inspection & Testing programme.
- Management of Fire Procedures and fire response team.
- Oversight of statutory compliance, including water treatment and closed systems.
- Responsible for site inspections and audits
- Supervising all operational and maintenance activities, to ensure work is executed in a safe and suitable manner and complies with SLA’s
- Assisting with incident management and subsequent investigation to establish root cause.
- Supporting the Shift Engineering Teams to ensure correct operation of the critical services of the Data Centres.
- Supervising staff, both in-house and external suppliers to deliver a highly focussed client service.
- Co-ordinating planned and unplanned maintenance activities.
- Ensuring the maintenance of accurate plant records, information and reporting systems.
- You will have site sign off for works to take place and to accept successful completion ensuring all RA and MS and other technical sign off is in place prior to allowing works to take place. You will have the responsibility for ensuring all services are delivered to the highest technical standards, minimising risk.
- Take responsibility for ensuring services are delivered in accordance with site and best practice processes and procedures
- Previous shift working experience
- Experience in facilities, operations or engineering; in a Data Centre critical environment
- Working knowledge and understanding of engineering operations within Business-Critical Environments
- Creating and developing SOP and EOP documentation and other related/similar processes
- Excellent attention to detail
- A flexible but non comprising approach to service delivery
- Ability to discuss and understand technical problems and resolutions with engineering specialists.
- LV and HV switching experience
- Demonstrable experience in operating and fault finding complex and integrated M&E systems including (Transformers, LV, Generators, UPS, Electrical distribution, BMS, Air Conditioning, Fire suppression systems)
- 17th Edition certified or similar electrical qualification
- HND or similar in relevant area (Mechanical, Electrical, Building Services)
- IOSH – Working Safely
- Good understanding of Data Centre cooling solutions and building services generally
- Authorised person LV (HV Preferable)
- Membership/Affiliate of relevant institutes (IET, BIFM, CIBSE etc.)
- F-GAS / J11 (an advantage)
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- Good numerical and literacy skills and high levels of computer literacy.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise.
- Good analytical/ problem solving skills
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels with good relationship building skills.
- To be customer focused.
- Self-motivated and keen to develop, with a willingness and desire to learn
- Keen to share knowledge with colleagues
- To possess initiative with an inquisitive nature, unafraid to ask appropriate questions
- Own means of transport to site
- Clean full UK driving license
- To undergo full security checks to BS7858:2012
About the Global Data Centers division of NTT Ltd.
Global Data Centers, a division of NTT Ltd., develops and operates high-availability data centers globally across 500,000 sqm. The Global Data Centers division comprises e-shelter, Gyron, Netmagic, NTT Indonesia Nexcenter, RagingWire and the other data center divisions of NTT Communications group, which are now operating under the NTT brand.
Our combined global platform is one of the largest in the world, with more than 160 data centers spanning more than 20 countries and regions including North America, Europe, Africa, India and APAC. As a neutral operator, we offer access to multiple cloud providers, a large variety of internet exchanges and telecommunication network providers including our own IPv6 compliant, tier 1 global IP network. Our clients benefit from tailored infrastructure and experience consistent best practices in design and operations across all of our highly reliable, scalable, and customizable data centers.
Working for Global Data Centers EMEA
We are one of the leading and largest data center provider and for more than 20 years we have been supporting our clients from a wide variety of industries with our talented team of 600+ people (m/f/d) . Today, we are designing and operating 17 data center locations across 120,000 sqm in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, in the Netherlands and in Great Britain and expanding into further markets. Our people come from a variety of industries and work together to find the best solution for every challenge. Due to the diversity of backgrounds our people (m/f/d) come from, the ability to work in teams and good communication skills are very important to us.
As a performance-oriented company, we value expert knowledge and people who want to shape the future. We are growing internationally and offer our people (m/f/d) the opportunity to work worldwide within the NTT Group if they are suitably qualified and interested. datacenter.hello.global.ntt