The Frankfurt data center market continues to thrive as colocation providers furnish additional space to meet the demands of the area. While Frankfurt has long been viewed as the financial capital of Europe, the city is also becoming a start-up hub with a natural disposition for FinTech companies. With its leading internet exchange and breadth of network carriers, Frankfurt has transformed itself into one of the largest colocation ecosystems in the world.
e-shelter has been a solid partner in Frankfurt’s evolution as one of Europe’s core digital infrastructure locations, with the company supporting both German and multinational corporations’ data center needs since 2000. e-shelter continues to reign as the Frankfurt market leader in terms of colocation space and the company is expanding this lead through the build out of its fourth campus, Frankfurt 4 Data Center, located 15 km west of the city center in the area of Hattersheim. The Frankfurt 4 Data Center campus will be built in phases and the first buildings are scheduled to be operational in mid-2019. Once fully built, the Frankfurt 4 Data Center campus will have 24,000 sqm of available colocation white space and will be supported by 57 MW of IT load. e-shelter’s expansion is driven in part by existing customer demand as well as from new companies inquiring about e-shelter services. Frankfurt 4 Data Center is preparing to offer a wide range of data center services as the Frankfurt market continues to benefit from its financial services base, growing digital economy and cloud service provider ecosystems.
Services of the Data Center Campus Frankfurt 4
- Power supply at 110 kV level from two substations with two feeds.
Own substation with two 110/20 kV transformers n+1
- Two separate UPS systems (A- and B-supply) and redundant emergency power system with diesel generators
- Monitoring by e-shelter own 24/7 Security Command and Control Center with security personnel from e-shelter security on-site
- Standardized security processes and the 7-level security system secure the tenant areas and technical operations
- Access control via non-contact chip and PIN or optional biometrics signature
- Secured perimeter zones with electronically monitored security fencing system, incorporating anti-climb and anti-tunnelling protection
- Monitoring of all critical infrastructure by e-shelter own operation staff on-site
- Standardized operation processes with amplified technical systems redundancy in order to ensure maximum reliability
- Carrier-mix from global Tier 1 supplier to local supplier
- Via our partner IX Reach direct connection to international internet exchanges
- Cross-Connects are realized via dedicated, redundant designed pipelines
- Datacenter Connects between e-shelter Frankfurt 3 and Frankfurt 1 campus; on request, also to commercial third-party data centers in the Rhein-Main area
- Internet connection from 1 up to 10 Gbit/s as an additional service