Monitored around the clock
Vienna is e-shelters eighth data center and the first e-shelter data center in Austria. It is situated in the South-West of the Vienna city center in the tenth district, Favoriten, approx. 6 km distance to Vienna city center and approx. 20 km distance to the Vienna International Airport.
On a nearly 29,000 sqm property approx. 24,000 sqm of gross floor space altogether 8,400 sqm data center space are being created in three building stages.
The building is a dedicated new data center building and offers on the first construction stage approx. 2,800 sqm data center space. Two further building stages will be developed at a later date. Additionally, the data center Vienna offers 1,000 sqm well equipped office and conference space as well as a large reception and meeting area which may be used for events.
Since June 2015, the first building of our Vienna 1 Data Center in Vienna is in operation.
At a glance: Vienna 1 Data Center
- Electric power capacity 20 MW
- Power supply at medium voltage level 10 kV from two substations from two separate feeds
- The critical power supply is designed as a dual power supply with uninterrupted A- and B-power supply
- Connection to the 24/7 Security Command and Control Center (SCC) of e-shelter security GmbH
- Central access control with a personal control system
- Intruder alarm system and video surveillance to perimeter protection and building surveillance of the access door and corridor up to the leased units
- Monitoring of all critical infrastructure by own e-shelter operation staff
- Standardized operation processes with amplified technical systems redundancy in order to ensure maximum reliability
- Carrier-mix from global Tier I supplier to local supplier
- Direct, redundant connection to VIX
- Via several partners direct connection to international internet exchanges
- Cross-Connects are realized via dedicated, redundant designed pipelines
- Datacenter connects between the data center Vienna and e-shelter locations, e.g. Campus Frankfurt 1 and Frankfurt 3; on request as well to commercial third-party data centers
- Internet connections from 1 up to 10 Gbit/s as an additional service