in Frankfurt am Main
As a Network Engineer you will be responsible for efficient operation of the active MPLS and DWDM network and correct implementation of corporate products strategy according to technical specifications.
- Operation, optimization and expansion of active network infrastructures
- Configuration and operation of high-end switches, routers, firewalls and DWDM systems
- Contribute to the implementation of new network services and designs
- Preparation of technical documentation
- Participation and technical support of customer-specific projects
- Compliance with incident, problem, configuration and change management processes
- Provision of all services of the e-shelter connectivity portfolio within the agreed SLAs and OLAs
- On-call duty
- Completed professional training as IT specialist, IT system electronics technician or comparable qualifications
- 1-2 years of professional experience in the data center and telecommunications environment
- Knowledge in CWDM/DWDM or routing and switching protocols such as OSPF, ISIS, BGP, MPLS
- Extensive knowledge in dealing with public IP addresses, autonomous systems (AS), RIPE database and DNS
- Linux and Windows OS knowledge
- Knowledge of Unix Shell Scripting, Java and Python programming
- Independent, reliable and analytical way of working, based on ITIL processes
- Very good knowledge of written and spoken English and German
- Flexibility, willingness to travel
- Customer and service orientation
Help to shape the future in an exciting industry
e-shelter is one of the leading data centre providers in Europe, offering complete solutions for the housing and networking of IT and network systems in a secure, high availability environment. With a presence in all of the major city markets in the DACH region and further expanding in Europe, e-shelter makes effective use of a 300 MW power capacity over a data centre area of 120,000 m² for scalable data centre solutions. As a subsidiary of NTT Communications, e-shelter is part of a global network of 140 data centres. e-shelter’s customers include financial services and telecommunications companies, as well as IT, outsourcing and Cloud service providers.
Today, around 400 people work for e-shelter. They come from a wide range of industries and, together, seek the best possible solution to every challenge. As a result of the diversity which characterizes our employees, the ability to work on a team and possess strong communication skills are very important to us. As a service-oriented company, we value expertise and people who want to contribute to shaping the future. We are expanding internationally and offer our employees the opportunity to work abroad, provided they have the appropriate qualifications.