Monitored around the clock
Vienna is e-shelters eighth data center and the first e-shelter data center in Austria. It is situated in the South-West of the Vienna city center in the tenth district, Favoriten, approx. 6 km distance to Vienna city center and approx. 20 km distance to the Vienna International Airport.
On a nearly 29,000 sqm property approx. 24,000 sqm of gross floor space altogether 8,400 sqm data center space are being created in three building stages.
The building is a dedicated new data center building and offers on the first construction stage approx. 2,800 sqm data center space. Two further building stages will be developed at a later date. Aditionally, the data center Vienna offers 1,000 sqm well equipped office and conference space as well as a large reception and meeting area which may be used for events.
Since June 2015, the first building of our data center Vienna in Vienna is in operations.
Services of the Datacenter Vienna
- Electric power capacity 20 MW
- Power supply at medium voltage level 10 kV from two substations from two separate feeds
- The critical power supply is designed as a dual power supply with uninterrupted A- and B-power supply
- Connection to the 24/7 Security Command and Control Center (SCC) of e-shelter security GmbH
- Central access control with a personal control system
- Intruder alarm system and video surveillance to perimeter protection and building surveillance of the access door and corridor up to the leased units
- Monitoring of all critical infrastructure by own e-shelter operation staff
- Standardized operation processes with amplified technical systems redundancy in order to ensure maximum reliability
- Carrier-mix from global Tier 1 supplier to local supplier
- Direct, redundant connection to VIX
- Via several partners direct connection to international internet exchanges
- Cross-Connects are realized via dedicated, redundant designed pipelines
- Datacenter Connects between the data center Vienna and e-shelter locations, e.g. Campus Frankfurt 1 and Frankfurt 3; on request as well to commercial third-party data centers
- Internet connections from 1 up to 10 Gbit/s as an additional service