in Frankfurt am Main or London
Joining the new EMEA Technical Operations (Tech-Ops) team which is responsible for supporting the operational requirement of the EMEA region. The role will be located within the NTT GDC EMEA region.
Working closely within the EMEA Tech-Ops team the key responsibilities will include:
- Provide Independent leadership, support, advice and promotion of subordinate employees
- Provide technical interface between Global, EMEA and Country operational teams
- In accordance with the Electrical & Mechanical safety rules vet and approve Country Responsible Persons, maintaining high standard of in country capability.
- To install a method of working where we avoid local reinvention of standards by leading cooperation across the NTT GDC Global and EMEA regions in the production of consistent best practices and technical & engineering standards which drive consistency and service excellence
- Make recommendations for upgrades of existing data centers on mechanical and electrical distribution systems and assist the countries in the preparation and responsibility of the annual budgets
- Provide subject matter expertise on all mechanical and electrical upgrades, strategic planning, and data center design and location, commissioning, IST, energy efficiency, consolidation and migration
- Working with the New Build team regularly review the engineering design standards for operational sites, including specification reviews to ensure the EMEA operational requirements are being met
- Determine engineering design standards for operational sites, including specification reviews of all plant and equipment ensuring standard methodology is adopted across all data center sites
- Review of technological developments and trends with respect to improved data center environmental efficiency and recommend improvements that will drive data center operating efficiency
- Will be a member of the change board, that approves all high-risk work carried out on our critical infrastructures
- Keeps up to date with data center developments in terms of new technology in close corporation with suppliers and maintenance providers.
- Help and support the regional team in creating energy business cases for infrastructure change
- Lead investigations and Root Cause analysis activities for in country incidents
- Attend any internal or external quality related audits and being able to demonstrate and provide evidence that operational standards are being adhered
- Being involved in regularly reviewing and developing commissioning procedures which will include participating in subcontractor plans for commissioning and hand over of the assets and facilities
- From time to time involved as a subject matter expert to instruct other personnel in the implementation of technical & engineering standards
- Bring attention to any shortcomings in the knowledge of technical & engineering standards by personnel or of any deficiencies or abnormalities in the operating procedures
- Engineering degree (higher certificate), higher qualifications with related professional experiences
- 5 – 10 years’ experience working in mission critical environment within a large company (e.g. Data Centers, Engineering within the powerplant industry, critical services, investment banking, pharmaceutical, defense industry), IT/Telecoms industry preferred
- 3+ years’ experience in leading a technical operations management function
- Experience in data centers or a similar environment is considered a significant advantage though not essential this will be a key consideration should multiple candidates be assessed for suitability
- Installation/construction project management experience
- Held the position of the installation responsible person (Duty Holder or Authorizing Engineer)
- Subject matter experts understanding of operational and maintenance governance principles
- Experience of working in a European multi-cultural environment
- Working Knowledge of Plan Do Check Act (Deming cycle) highly desirable
- Awareness of Root Cause Analysis management frameworks highly desirable
- Recognized European Health and Safety Qualification highly desirable
- Proficient in English language both written and verbal
- Second European language written and verbal desirable
- A maintenance excellence and zero-downtime mentality.
- A strategic thinking individual with a structured and target-oriented approach.
- Demonstrable skills in technical management, and collaboration.
- Outstanding relationship-builder and communicator, both internally and externally.
- Ability to work in multinational, interdisciplinary and culturally diverse teams.
- A passion for listening to stakeholders and customers and a world-class service mentality.
- Modern leadership style and excellent leadership skill set (see Global Leadership Competencies)
The Global Data Centers division of NTT
NTT Global Data Centers is a division of NTT Ltd, it designs and operates high-quality, mission-critical data centers globally across 500,000 sqm. In the EMEA region the NTT Global Data Centers division is comprised of formerly known companies e-shelter and Gyron. The Global Data Centers division incorporates likewise DPA, NetMagic, NTT Indonesia Nexcenter, RagingWire and other NTT Communications group data center divisions. Our combined global platform is one of the three largest in the world, with more than 160 data centers spanning more than 20 countries and regions including North America, Europe, Africa, India and APAC. Our customer base includes 85 of the Fortune Global 100 corporations. As a neutral operator, we offer access to multiple cloud providers, a large variety of internet exchanges and telecommunication network providers including our own IPv6 compliant, tier 1 global IP network. Our clients benefit from tailored infrastructure and experience consistent best practices in design and operations across all of our highly reliable, scalable, and customizable data centers.
Work for NTT Global Data Centers EMEA
We are one of the leading and largest data center providers and for more than 20 years we have been supporting our customers with our talented team of 600 + employees (m/f/d) whose expertise comes from a wide variety of industries. Today, we are designing and operating today 17 data centers across 120,000 sqm in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, in the Netherlands and in Great Britain and expanding into further locations. Our people come from a variety of industries and work together to find the best solution for every challenge. Due to the diversity of backgrounds our employees (m/f/d) come from, the ability to work in teams and good communication skills are very important to us. As a high performing company, we value expert knowledge and people who want to shape the future. We are growing internationally, and we can offer our employees (m/f/d) the opportunity to work worldwide within the NTT Group if they have the necessary qualifications and are interested in doing so. hello.global.ntt