We, e-shelter services GmbH (hereinafter "we" or "e-shelter") appreciate your interest in our company.
We take the protection of your personal data and its confidential treatment very seriously. Your personal data will be processed exclusively within the framework of the legal provisions of the data protection law of the European Union, in particular the Datenschutz-Grundverordnung (hereinafter "DSGVO", German version of the Global Data Protection Regulation, hereinafter called “GDPR”) and other applicable regulations.
With this data protection declaration, we inform you about the processing of your personal data on our website https://www.e-shelter.de/en and about your data protection rights. This data protection declaration does not apply to the processing of personal data that we may receive from you outside of communication via our website, for example as part of the provision of our data center services. In this respect, you will receive separate information from us in accordance with Articles 13 and 14 GDPR.
1. Name and contact details of the controller and the company data protection officer
e-shelter services GmbH
Eschborner Landstraße 100
60489 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
T: +49 69 7801-2118
F: +49 69 7801-2199
Head office of the company:
Hattersheim am Main
Amtsgericht Frankfurt am Main
The data protection officer of e-shelter services GmbH can be contacted as follows:
e-shelter services GmbH
Beauftragter für den Datenschutz
Eschborner Landstraße 100
60489 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
T: +49 69 7801-2118
F: +49 69 7801-2199
2. Purpose of data protection
The purpose of data protection is "personal data". This is all information that relates to an identified or identifiable natural person (so-called data subject). This includes, for example, information such as your name, postal address, e-mail address or telephone number, but also other information about yourself that you send to us via our website.
Specific information on the personal data processed by us can be found below under the data processing procedures listed in detail.
3. Collection and storage of personal data as well as the nature and purpose of its processing
a. When you visit the website
When you visit our website, the browser on your device automatically sends information to the server on our website. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. The following information is recorded dynamically and stored until automatic deletion after 4 days:
- IP address of the requesting computer,
- Date and time of access,
- Name and URL of the downloaded file,
- Website, from which access is made (referrer URL),
- Website, which is accessed via our website;
- Browser used and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer as well as the name of your access provider.
The mentioned data will be processed by us for the following purposes:
- Ensuring a smooth connection to the website,
- Ensuring comfortable usability of our website,
- Evaluation of system security and stability as well as
- For other administrative purposes.
The legal basis for data processing is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDRP. Our legitimate interest follows from the purposes listed above for data collection. Under no circumstances do we use the data collected for the purpose of drawing personal inferences about you.
If you have expressly consented according to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 a GDRP, we will use your e-mail address to send you our newsletter on a regular basis. To receive the newsletter, it is necessary to provide an e-mail address.
You can unsubscribe at any time, regardless of whether sending the newsletter is based on consent or legal permission, for example via a link at the end of each newsletter. Alternatively, you are welcome to send your unsubscribe request to firstname.lastname@example.org at any time by e-mail. Basic tariffs, other than the transmission costs, do not arise.
The data required for sending the newsletter will be deleted as soon as it is no longer necessary to achieve the purpose of its collection and insofar as no other legal basis for authorization for further processing applies. Your e-mail address will therefore only be stored for sending the newsletter until you withdraw your consent or object to the newsletter being sent.
c. By using our contact form and e-mail contact
If you have any questions, please contact us using the form provided on the website (https://www.e-shelter.de/en/contact). A valid e-mail address is required so that we know who sent the request and can respond to it. Further information can be provided voluntarily.
Alternatively, you can contact us via the e-mail address provided. In this case, the personal data transmitted by e-mail will be stored by you.
The personal data collected by us will be automatically deleted after your request has been processed.
The data processing for the purpose of contacting is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDRP.
You can also send us direct requests for quotations (https://www.e-shelter.de/en/your-inquiry). We store your data in our database to manage your customer relationship with us (Customer Relationship Management). The database is hosted on our behalf by our service provider Salesforce (salesforce.com Germany GmbH, Erika-Mann-Str. 31, 80636 München DEUTSCHLAND). Insofar as data may be hosted in the USA, this is done in accordance with Art. 44 GDPR. If the aim of establishing contact is to conclude a contract with you personally, the legal basis for processing is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b GDPR. If you give us your consent, the legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR. You can revoke your consent at any time with effect for the future at: email@example.com
d. By registering for events
When you sign up for an event hosted by e-shelter or an event taking place on e-shelter's premises, we will process your registration details and communication with you as part of the registration form. In doing so, we observe the principle of data minimisation and data avoidance. This means that you only have to provide the data that we absolutely need for the registration process and to contact you. These are your e-mail address and your name. In addition, your IP address is processed for reasons of technical security and to prevent any attack attempts. All other data are optional fields.
For joint events with manufacturers, your data will also be forwarded to the co-organiser.
By registering for our corporate events, you also consent to the possible publication of photos and videos by the Corporate Communications department of e-shelter services GmbH, Eschborner Landstraße 100, 60489 Frankfurt am Main.
The Corporate Communications department of e-shelter services GmbH intends to publish the photos and videos created during a corporate event on the group’s own social media sites (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, Xing, Google+), intranet, e-shelter publications (e.g. customer magazine or newsletter) and the company websites of e-shelter (legal basis: Art. 6(1) f).
We would like to point out that publications on social media can also be transmitted to countries outside the EU.
Apart from the above-mentioned cases, the personal data will not be passed on to third parties and will only be used for the above-mentioned purpose. Photos and videos published on the Internet can be accessed worldwide and it is generally not possible to rule out further use of these photos and videos by third parties.
Consent to use the images is voluntary. You can withdraw your consent at any time with future effect by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Passing on of data
We will only pass on your personal data to third parties (recipients) if:
- you have given your express consent for one or more specific purposes pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a GDPR,
- the disclosure pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 f GDPR is necessary to assert, exercise or defend legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding interest worthy of protection in not disclosing your data,
- in the event that a legal obligation exists for the transfer pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. c GDPR, and
- is required by Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. b GDPR for the processing of contractual relationships with you.
- we will have the data administered on behalf in compliance with Art. 28 GDPR.
Your personal data will not be transmitted for purposes other than those just listed.
Information is stored in the cookie, which is associated with the specific terminal device used. However, this does not mean that we immediately become aware of your identity.
Furthermore, to improve usability, we also use temporary cookies that are stored on your device for a specified period of time. If you visit our website again to use our services, it will automatically recognize that you have already visited us and recognize what inputs and settings you may have made, so you do not have to re-enter them.
The data processed by cookies is required for the aforementioned purposes in order to protect our legitimate interests and those of third parties pursuant to Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f GDPR.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies. However, you can configure your browser so that no cookies are stored on your computer or a message always appears before a new cookie is created. However, the complete deactivation of cookies can lead to the fact that you cannot utilize all functions of our website.
6. Analytic tools
The tracking tools listed below and used by us are carried out on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 f GDPR. With the tracking tools used, we want to ensure web usability and continuous optimization of our website. In addition, we use tracking tools to statistically record the use of our website and to evaluate it for the purpose of optimizing our offer. These interests are to be regarded as legitimate within the meaning of the aforementioned provision.
The respective data processing purposes and data categories can be found in the corresponding tracking tools in this section.
a. Google Analytics
For the purpose of website usability and continuous optimization of our website, we use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (https://www.google.de/intl/de/about/) (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; hereinafter Google). In this context, pseudonymised user profiles are created and cookies (see section 5) are used. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website such as
- Browser type/version,
- Operating system,
- Referrer URL (the previously visited website),
- Host name of the accessing computer (Masked IP address),
- Time of the server request,
will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the USA within the framework of the data contract we have concluded with Google. The information is used to evaluate the use of the website, to compile reports on website activities and to provide further services associated with the use of the website and the Internet for the purposes of market research and web usability of these Internet pages. This information may also be transferred to third parties if this is required by law or if third parties process this data on behalf of the company. Under no circumstances will your IP address be merged with other data from Google. The IP addresses are anonymized so that an assignment is not possible (IP masking). Google Analytics uses various types of cookies. Google Analytics stores a persistent cookie in your browser to record previous visits to the website. This cookie expires after two years at the latest. Session cookies are deleted after 30 minutes of inactivity and campaign cookies are deleted after six months. Further information about the cookies used by Google Analytics can be found here: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs....
You can also prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) and the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing a browser add-on (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en).
As an alternative to the browser add-on, especially for browsers on mobile devices, you can prevent Google Analytics from collecting data by clicking on the following opt-out link: This link will only populate on this page if you are already detected by Google Analytics: Turn off Google Analytics tracking. An opt-out cookie is set to prevent future collection of your data when you visit this website. The opt-out cookie is only valid in this browser and only for our website and is stored on your device. If you delete the cookies in this browser, you must set the opt-out cookie again.
Further information on data protection in connection with Google Analytics can be found in the Google Analytics Help (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en).
We use the Vimeo video player to integrate our videos on our website and to enable their playback. Certain Vimeo cookies may be used for analytical purposes and for preferences selected by the user. For more information, please visit: https://vimeo.com/cookie_policy.
7. Rights of the persons affected
You have the right:
- in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR to request information about your personal data processed by us. In particular, you may request information about the purposes of processing, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to rectification, deletion, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right of appeal, the origin of your data, if these have not been collected by us, and the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, if applicable, meaningful information on their details;
- in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR to request the correction of incorrect or incomplete personal data stored by us without delay;
- to request the deletion of your personal data stored by us in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR, unless the processing is necessary to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, to fulfil a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims;
- in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR, to restrict the processing of your personal data if you dispute the accuracy of the data, if the processing is unlawful but you refuse to delete the data and we no longer need the data, but you require it for the enforcement, exercise or defense of legal claims or if you have filed an objection against the processing in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR;
- in accordance with Art. 20 GDPR to receive your personal data, which you have provided to us, in a structured, current and machine-readable format or to request the transmission to another person responsible;
- in accordance with Art. 7 Par. 3 GDPR you can revoke your prior consent to us at any time. As a result, we are no longer allowed to continue processing data based on this consent in the future and
- to complain to a supervisory authority pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority at your usual place of residence or workplace or at our company headquarters.
8. Right of objection
If your personal data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 letter f GDPR, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR, provided that there are reasons for this which arise from your particular situation or the objection is directed against direct advertising. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which we will implement without specification of any particular situation.
If you wish to exercise your right of revocation or objection, simply send an e-mail to email@example.com
9. Further information
In accordance with art. 13 par. 2 lit. e GDPR, we draw your attention to the following:
The provision of your personal data to us is neither legally nor contractually prescribed or necessary for the conclusion of a contract. You are not obliged to provide us with personal data. There are no negative consequences for you if you do not make the data available.
We draw your attention to the following pursuant to Art. 13 para. 2 lit. f GDPR:
We do not process your personal data for the purposes of automated decision-making.
We draw your attention to the fact that, unless otherwise stated above, we do not intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or an international organization, in accordance with Art. 13 para. 1 lit. f GDPR.
10. Data security
We use the most common SSL (Secure Socket Layer) method in connection with the highest level of encryption supported by your browser. Usually this is a 256 bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we use 128-bit v3 technology instead. When our website is transmitted in encrypted form over the internet, it can be recognized by the closed display of the key or lock symbol in the bottom status bar of your browser.
We also use suitable technical and organizational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or unauthorized access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.
11. Version of this Privacy Declaration, Changes
This data protection declaration is currently valid and has the status as of May 2018.
Due to the further development of our website and offers above or due to changed legal or official requirements, it may become necessary to change this data protection declaration. You can view and print out the current data protection declaration at any time on the website https://www.e-shelter.de/en/privacy-notice