in Hemel Hempstead
Based in Hemel Hempstead you will be responsible for the procurement of contracts and services essential to the company’s execution of capital projects as well as you will be required to support operations in the procurement of maintenance contracts or the setting up of new framework agreements.
Specifically, you will:
- Be responsible to the Director Strategic Procurement for capital and operations procurement located in Germany
- Support the EMT in developing and executing NTT GDC EMEA’s procurement strategy
- Develop procedures, policies and forms to support the smooth execution of procurement
- Develop Framework and Master Services Agreements as required
- Maintain relationships with many internal teams such as Finance, Facilities, Technical and Projects as well with the other procurement teams in EMEA
- Support project accounting and invoice management functions
- Support Operations with the setting up of new contracts and procurement where applicable
- Ensure that the procurement process is rigorous, impartial and ethical
- Support the implementation and roll-out of efficient and best practice e-procurement solutions
- Experience in a capital and service procurement negotiating role
- Contract and commercial management experience beneficial
- Excellent negotiation skills, contract management and supplier management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in the use of MS Word and Excel
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- To be pro-active, responsive, able to prioritise and deal with evolving needs and able to work at pace to very high-quality standards
- To be commercially savvy, especially in relation to negotiation of large procurement contracts
- To be able to work on your own initiative, developing and implementing detailed approaches that win support, based on high-level input
- To possess excellent interpersonal skills, able to establish and develop productive working relationships internally and externally at junior and senior levels
- Excellent communication skills, especially regarding presenting large amounts of detail in powerful summaries that drive appropriate action and decisions
- To be highly organised
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Full driving licence valid for use in the UK
- Undergo full security checks to BS7858:2012
- Attention to detail
- Written and oral communication
- Commercial awareness
- Ability to work in a team
- High resilience and assertiveness
About the Global Data Centers division of NTT Ltd.
Global Data Centers, a division of NTT Ltd., develops and operates high-availability data centers globally across 500,000 sqm. The Global Data Centers division comprises e-shelter, Gyron, Netmagic, NTT Indonesia Nexcenter, RagingWire and the other data center divisions of NTT Communications group, which are now operating under the NTT brand.
Our combined global platform is one of the largest in the world, with more than 160 data centers spanning more than 20 countries and regions including North America, Europe, Africa, India and APAC. As a neutral operator, we offer access to multiple cloud providers, a large variety of internet exchanges and telecommunication network providers including our own IPv6 compliant, tier 1 global IP network. Our clients benefit from tailored infrastructure and experience consistent best practices in design and operations across all of our highly reliable, scalable, and customizable data centers.
Working for Global Data Centers EMEA
We are one of the leading and largest data center provider and for more than 20 years we have been supporting our clients from a wide variety of industries with our talented team of 600+ people (m/f/d) . Today, we are designing and operating 17 data center locations across 120,000 sqm in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, in the Netherlands and in Great Britain and expanding into further markets. Our people come from a variety of industries and work together to find the best solution for every challenge. Due to the diversity of backgrounds our people (m/f/d) come from, the ability to work in teams and good communication skills are very important to us.
As a performance-oriented company, we value expert knowledge and people who want to shape the future. We are growing internationally and offer our people (m/f/d) the opportunity to work worldwide within the NTT Group if they are suitably qualified and interested. datacenter.hello.global.ntt