for the Frankfurt office
- Taking personal responsibility for the on-schedule completion of orders for specific projects in the area of network cabling
- Ensuring compliance with the standards and norms pertaining to structured data cabling
- Collaborating with the design and development of new colocation services in cooperation with Product Management
- Collaborating with the development of technical blueprints for the construction of new CMMRs and standardised Cage systems
- Steering and building new CMMRs at all of the new and existing locations in cooperation with Network Design
- Planning passive networks and carrier infrastructure, as well as the development of migration concepts (CMMR, passive networks, etc.) for existing locations
- Ascertaining the network requirements with Network Design and Carrier Relations
- Developing supply and access concepts (route guidance for data cabling and electrical technology for the CMMR and Cage systems)
- Creating project proposals for all infrastructure methods (CMMRs, migration, passive networks, standardised Cage systems, carrier infrastructure, etc.), as well as responsibility for managing and/or steering the approved projects
- Managing the project documentation, including status reports in the intended tools such as the Intranet
- Planning conduit capacities in FNT for new systems and extensions to existing systems
- Data cabling for e-shelter‘s own networks (LAN, WAN, building services, security), etc.
- Ensuring the documentation of all the Carrier cabling in FNT at all of the e-shelter locations
- You have completed an apprenticeship in, or have a university degree specialising in the field of either IT or electrical engineering
- You have at least two years‘ experience and/or knowledge of the planning and project management of Carrier infrastructure projects
- You have several years‘ practical experience with projects in the field of structured building cabling in sophisticated new building projects or building conversion projects
- You have excellent knowledge of the standards and guidelines pertaining to structured building cabling such as DIN EN 50173
- You have an overview of passive and active network components and are familiar with their functionality
- You have good written and spoken knowledge of English . You are a reliable, responsible team worker
Help shape the future in an exciting industry
e-shelter is one of the leading data center operators in Europe providing highly secure environments for housing and connectivity of IT and network systems. With a presence in all key city-markets of the DACH-region, e-shelter leverages 300 MW of power capacity and 90,000 sqm of data center space to deliver scalable data center solutions. As a member of the NTT Communications Group of companies e-shelter provides access to a global network of 140 data centers. Among e-shelter’s clients are financial services companies, telecoms operators, IT service and outsourcing providers as well as cloud service providers.
Approximately 400 people currently work for e-shelter. Our employees come from a wide range of different sectors and look for the best possible solution to every challenge. We attribute considerable importance to collegiality, a great team spirit and excellent communication skills. As a performance-oriented company we value specialist knowledge and people who want to shape our business.