Virtual and private clouds provide undeniable benefits in scalability, agility, and cost control for distributed network needs. However, conventional network management tools undermine those advantages. For example, configuring DNS and IP addresses are largely performed manually using segmented point solutions. These tools are not designed to support elastic scalability. Nor can they provide the control, visibility, reliability, and consistency your organization demands.
As part of their Virtualized Carrier Core Application Platform (VCCAP), Dimension Data has implemented Infoblox DDI for Virtualization and Private Cloud. Actionable Network Intelligence allows us to control DNS, DHCP, and IPAM for complex distributed virtual and cloud-based environments centrally, flexibly, and efficiently. This allows VCCAP to support complex multi-platform workloads with confidence and maximize the full potential of our virtualization deployment strategy for Network Function Virtualization and Software-Defined Networks.
Customer values/problems solved:
- Automate manual processes for DNS and IP address provisioning
- Gain a consolidated view of network resources across cloud and virtualized environments
- Bolster security and reliability by ensuring that multi-platform networks are consistent and compliant
- Integrate out-of-the-box with a broad range of platforms including VMware, OpenStack, and Docker
- Dimension Data VCCAP / ETSI NFV
- Infoblox Cloud Adapter for OpenStack
- Infoblox DDI
- Virtual Appliances on OpenStack