Core session management functions play a critical role as the central control point that directs signaling flows through the network and between elements. Network Function Virtualization (NFV) allows service providers to efficiently share hardware resources across different services and customers. It enables operators to more effectively manage multifaceted, multi-vendor networks, rapidly launch new services and easily reallocate resources without purchasing new equipment and coordinating expensive onsite installation teams.
The Oracle Communications Core Session Manager is designed to fully support core session management capabilities in virtualized environments. It provides a complete set of session core functions including IP Multi-media Subsystem (IMS) Call/Session Control Functions (CSCF) and Break-out Gateway Control Function (BGCF) and their associated 3GPP interfaces.
Customer values/problems solved:
- Fully virtualized solution available on commercial hypervisors
- Core session control functions S-CSCF, I-CSCF
- Session routing –BGCF
- Dynamic load balancing support
- Support for 3GPP IMS-AKA authentication mechanism
- Routing control with ENUM interface support and preferential routing based on User Equipment capabilities
- Advanced SIP Header Manipulation Rules and DIAMETER Manipulation Rules for increased interoperability
- Core Session Manager (CSM)
- Dimension Data VCCAP / ETSI NFV