Subscriber Management for Everyone
The industry-driven approach to virtualize network functions on standard x86 hardware does not stop at broadband network gateways (BNGs). As a network function with very high bandwidth utilization, BNG integration has been a challenge to-date. A solution must provide not only the function but also the performance you are familiar with from specialized BNG hardware.
NTT Ltd. has proven the functionality and maturity for the Cisco CSR1000v router as the virtual edition of the physical ASR1001-X router.
Customer value/problems solved:
- Ability to provide subscriber services without the specialized hardware
- Supporting a true Pay-as-you-Grow model with licensable throughput and subscriber scaling
- Supporting a whole variety of hardware vendors for compute ressources
- Separation of customer types with virtual instances
- OPEX reduction
- Using well-known operating system IOS-XE
- Cisco CSR1000v
- NTT Ltd. VCCAP / ETSI NFV
- IXIA IxNetwork
- Lenovo x86 blade