in Hemel Hempstead
The objective of this role is to provide functional expertise, leadership and guidance to local internal and external security staff and those operational functions that have a security responsibility in addition to their operational duties.
The UK Security Operations Manager will report directly to the UK Operations Director and will have a dotted line report to our EMEA Security Director. The UK Security Operations Manager will not have direct reports, although all Site Security Managers in the UK will have a dotted reporting line to this person.
The UK Security Operations Manager will work closely with the EMEA Security Director to develop process and procedures and will then be responsible to implement these on every site in the UK by working closely with the local teams. The UK Security Operations Manager will apply the right level of quality assurance to every site in the UK to ensure processes, procedures and ways of working are in line with our EMEA standards.
Specifically, you will:
- Work closely with Site Security Managers to plan, direct and execute security operations within the UK region under senior management direction.
- Provides security leadership to all sites within the UK and establishes the regions security business plan together with the site Security Managers, UK Operations Director and the EMEA Security Director.
- Work collaboratively with the EMEA Security team in developing and implementing security policies, procedures, standards, training and methods, to protect information, personnel, property, facilities, operations and assets from unauthorized disclosure, misuse, theft, assault, vandalism, sabotage, damage or loss.
- Develop and manage business critical security related projects and programs on a local (UK) level.
- Provides support during security audits (i.e. ISO 27001, Customer Audits etc.).
- Provide support and advice during construction/tenant fit out.
- Train site security managers and security staff
- Tactically manage security vendors. Defining specifications.
- Customer engagements on all security matters. This might include presentations.
- Manage incident reporting and root cause analysis for all Security related incidents.
- Assists in the development of standards for measuring efficiency and effectiveness of security operations and ensures proper documentation.
- Supports the EMEA Security Director in managing complex security improvement and standardization programs.
- Provides leadership and direction to the professional, technical and support staff within the UK.
- Acts as the security subject matter expert (SME) to the UK Operations Director.
- Experience in a security leadership, strategic and tactical role
- Experience of working in a Data Centre or other Critical environment is desirable as is previous experience of working in a matrix organisation
- Successful candidate will need strong influencing skills and customer focus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in the use of MS Word and Excel
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- To be pro-active, responsive, able to prioritise and deal with evolving needs and able to work at pace to very high-quality standards
- To be able to work on your own initiative, developing and implementing detailed approaches that win support, based on high-level input
- To possess excellent interpersonal skills, able to establish and develop productive working relationships internally and externally at all levels
- Excellent communication skills, especially regarding presenting large amounts of detail in powerful summaries that drive appropriate action and decisions
- To be highly organised
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Full driving licence valid for use in the UK
- Undergo full security checks to BS7858:2012
About the Global Data Centers division of NTT Ltd.
Global Data Centers, a division of NTT Ltd., develops and operates high-availability data centers globally across 500,000 sqm. The Global Data Centers division comprises e-shelter, Gyron, Netmagic, NTT Indonesia Nexcenter, RagingWire and the other data center divisions of NTT Communications group, which are now operating under the NTT brand.
Our combined global platform is one of the largest in the world, with more than 160 data centers spanning more than 20 countries and regions including North America, Europe, Africa, India and APAC. As a neutral operator, we offer access to multiple cloud providers, a large variety of internet exchanges and telecommunication network providers including our own IPv6 compliant, tier 1 global IP network. Our clients benefit from tailored infrastructure and experience consistent best practices in design and operations across all of our highly reliable, scalable, and customizable data centers.
Working for Global Data Centers EMEA
We are one of the leading and largest data center provider and for more than 20 years we have been supporting our clients from a wide variety of industries with our talented team of 600+ people (m/f/d) . Today, we are designing and operating 17 data center locations across 120,000 sqm in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, in the Netherlands and in Great Britain and expanding into further markets. Our people come from a variety of industries and work together to find the best solution for every challenge. Due to the diversity of backgrounds our people (m/f/d) come from, the ability to work in teams and good communication skills are very important to us.
As a performance-oriented company, we value expert knowledge and people who want to shape the future. We are growing internationally and offer our people (m/f/d) the opportunity to work worldwide within the NTT Group if they are suitably qualified and interested. datacenter.hello.global.ntt